Coffee Roasting Course: 2 Day, Comprehensive Coffee Roasting Course
Roastress Coops and Founder Coffee Co. are teaming up to deliver a Kick-Ass Specialty Coffee Roasting Course!
Only 4 spots per course to ensure maximum time and attention can be given to all attendees
This course aims to provide Solid, Comprehensive Knowledge and Practical, Hands-on Experience in roasting Specialty Coffee for coffee industry professionals and even coffee enthusiasts looking to improve their current skills and knowledge.
Regardless of experience, through the set roasting task, this course is tailored to meet & satisfy ALL learning needs and skill sets, as well as provide Key Roasting Solutions & Techniques that can be transferred to ANY Roasting System - an area of expertise that Anne specializes in with her research - 'Can You Taste the Roasting System' which she designed for the SCA - & vast Consulting Experience coaching roasters & working on hundreds of different roasting systems in Australia & all over the world.
The 2 day course will include:
- Green Bean Evaluation - region/origin, variety, process, screen size, moisture, density
- Roaster Operations – systems, procedures and protocols
- Roasting Process - principles of coffee roasting – key events/checkpoints, heat transfer & better understanding roast systems, chemical and physical reactions, RoR, development ratio, profile data analysis, manual profile logging & profile data logging with Cropster
- Roast Profiles and Degrees of Roast – espresso vs filter vs sample
- Measuring, Cupping and Interpreting/Analyzing Roast Results
Times for Course:
Saturday: 8.30am - 5.00pm: Green Bean Grading & Analysis; Theory & Practical Roasting Tasks
Sunday: 8.30am - 3.30/4pm: Cupping/Tasting/Analyzing; Practical Roasting
What You Learn
- Operation of Specialty Coffee roasting machines – Probat BRZ 2-barrel sample roaster & Probat P12
- Roasting Process and Roast Profiles - how to control a roast in order to achieve optimum cup character for specialty grade, single origin coffees by logging data both manually and with Cropster
- How to ‘Cup’ and Evaluate roasted coffees and taste roasting qualities, faults and differences between various roast profiles – espresso vs filter vs sample - all using SCA industry standard protocol.
What You Get
- Equilibrium Master Roasters Certificate of Attendance
- Practical, hands-on Experience in roasting Specialty Coffee using professional, specialty coffee roasting equipment, green beans and techniques.
- Foundation Knowledge and expert advice from a Specialty Coffee Roasting Professional
- All green bean and Industry relevant documents (cupping/roast profile data sheets etc.) are provided on a USB stick
- You may take home as much of the roasted coffee as you like from the roasting exercises
- You will be added to a closed Facebook Networking Group where you can continue to stay in touch with fellow attendees post course
- A Great Learning Environment where, through collaboration and teamwork, you can vastly improve your roasting skills as you work through the roasting & analyzing tasks individually and together!
- Due to the production and roasting environment ensure you are prepared for warm, dusty and noisy conditions.
- There are hot, moving parts on the coffee roasters. Participants must be attentive and aware at all times – especially when operating the roasting equipment.
- There will be some lifting and light physical activity involved.
- Covered in shoes must be worn and long hair must be tied back
- Morning/Afternoon Tea and Lunch will be provided. If there are any dietary requirements please advise the organiser.
* Education is everything. Don’t ever stop learning. It will be the best thing for your career as a roaster to do Anne’s roasting course! Richard - Silipo Coffee
* Thanks again for all your help! Our roast profiles have improved out of sight after doing the course. I learnt sooo much and really thank you for sharing so much of your knowledge and passion with us. It means a lot. Dan – Melbourne
* Our coffee roasting weekend after the course was awesome!!! We used so much of the info from the roasting course. Thanks to you, we are on our way to becoming better roasters!!! Sam & Dan - Ground and Pound Coffee
*Just wanted to say thank you once again for the weekend, it was great to be exposed to some great info and the opportunity to use a variety of different roasters. Michael - Cabrito Coffee
* I'm working over my roaster at the moment busting out a 30kg order. I'm not joking when I say I'm getting some of the best results I've ever had!!
I seriously can't be happier Anne! I'm now super, super excited!! Initially I was hesitant to come to the course because I thought that $1000 could be better spent elsewhere. But I'm so, so glad now, that's $1000 of beans I would have butchered previously and now I have a solid base of knowledge to steer me in a better direction than where I was going.
I’m so glad I was able to partake in this course. The abundance of knowledge was priceless. For once I got to nerd out with other like-minded people! Thank you so much!! Brendon - Melbourne
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Catch the train on the Upfield Line to Brunswick Station. Walk toward Albert St and turn left. Project 281 is approx. 100m down the street from the train station.
Catch the Number 19 Tram down Sydney Rd and get off at the Albert St/Sydney Rd stop. Turn left down Albert St and walk approx.50m down Albert St to Project 281 Cafe which is on the righthand side of the street.
Or if driving - there is still 2hr parking on Saturdays on Albert St - keep driving over the railway line and there is all day parking on the left hand side of the street.
Parking is free on Sundays.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
If you have a particular green bean you wish to roast then by all means bring that along.
Can I update my registration information?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes, or at least have access to your confirmation email on your phone.
What is the refund policy?
I appreciate your choice of Equilibrium Master Roasters for your coffee education, and the course pricing reflects the following:
The quality of the training provided. Pre-class preparation.The quality of the equipment & the cost of materials used. Small class sizes. Spots are deliberately limited to ensure an optimum, practical, hands-on learning experience. Once your booking is confirmed and your payment is cleared, I begin the process of preparing your class. However, I understand events or illness may require that you reschedule or cancel your booking.
Refund Policy: Course fees are fully refundable if training is cancelled by the trainer at least 7 business days prior to course commencement.
A $500 cancellation fee is deducted from refund for cancellations requested less than 14 business days prior to course commencement. No cancellation is available with less than 7 business days’ notice, however you may reschedule with no rescheduling fees.
Reschedule Fees: No fee is applicable if rescheduling is requested at least 14 business days prior to course commencement.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
This will be accepted only with a written/verbal confirmation from the person whose name is on the registration stating that the attendee is eligible to use that ticket.